Canon BJC-4200 Printer
Drivers you can use if the BJC-4200 driver is not available.
- DOS : BJ-200/200e/200ex (BJ Mode/Black)
- DOS : Epson LQ2550 (LQ Mode Colour/Black)
- BC-20 - Black Ink
- BCI-21bk - Black Ink Tank (BC-21)
- BCI-21c - Tri Colour Ink (BC-21)
- BC-21e - Colour Print Head
- BC-22e - Photo Ink
- BC-29f - Fluorescent Ink
Cleaning Print Head
Make sure the printer is on and the front cover closed. Press and hold the RESUME button until you hear 2 beeps. Cleaning takes about 15 seconds.
Switch printer off. Hold down the power button for the following number of beeps,
- 6 Beeps - LQ mode for USA
- 7 Beeps - BJ mode for USA
- 8 Beeps - LQ mode for Europe, Asia
- 9 Beeps - BJ mode for Europe, Asia
- 10 Beeps - BJ mode for UK and Asia
Demo Test : Switch Printer off. Hold down power button for 1 beeps. Press RESUME to stop.
Status Test : Switch Printer off. Hold down power button for 2 beeps. Press RESUME to stop.
Ripple Test : Switch Printer off. Hold down power button for 3 beeps. Press RESUME to stop.
Nozzle Test : Switch Printer off. Hold down power button for 4 beeps. Press RESUME to stop.
Location - Cream coloured label on the back of the printer
Prefixes - EEM...
- CF-102A4 - Transparencies. Used for producing overhead transparencies.
- GP-101A4 - Glossy Paper. Heavier coated paper, used for graphics.
- LC-101A4 - Coated A4 Paper. Coated paper used for high quality print.
- LC-301A4 - BubbleJet Paper A4. Lightly coated, water resistant everyday usage paper.
- FS-101 - Fabric Sheet. Allows images to be printed onto 100% Cotton fabric (Machine Washable).
- BF-102A4 - Back Print Film A4. Used to produce back-lit displays.
- HG-101 - High Gloss Film A4. Gives documents a Gloss finish, used for reports/graphics.
- HR-101A4 - High Res Paper A4. Coated paper, for use with Photo Cartridges.
- TR-101 - T-Shirt Transfer. Images can be printed onto the transfer material and then ironed onto T-shirts, Sweaters, etc..
Sharing With Other Parallel Port Devices
The Canon BJC-4200 printer has a bidirectional communication feature. This feature does not share the parallel port, and can cause problems when you try and share the parallel port with other devices, for example scanners. You can correct this problem by downloading the Non-WPS Printer Drivers from Canon's Website.
Printing Gibberish When Attached to a Packard Bell PC
If the printer is attached to a Packard Bell 9000 Series PC, then go into the Control Panel and then Fonts, and look for the Font WPBOXDRAWING. If it is there, then delete it. Also check that the Canon printer is set as the default printer.
Black Page When Printing Faxes
If when you print a fax, it comes out as a solid black page, go into the printer's properties and set the printer to Mono.
Printing Squashed or Running off Right Hard Side of Page
If your printing is either squashed down the left hand side of the page, or that it runs off the right hand edge of the page the cause is down to the printer not detecting the right colour cartridge in the printer.
What you need to do is go into the Properties for the printer, then into the Graphics tab, and in the Colour Model section, change the setting from Colour to Photo Colour (if it is already set to Photo Colour, change it to Colour).
It might also be worth turning on Cartridge Detection as well.
Problems with Cartridge Detection
- Power off the printer
- Unplug the printer's power cord, wait 5 seconds then replug the power cord in.
- Hold the Power button for 6 Beeps
- Release the Power Button
This will reset the printer and should resolve incorrect cartridge detection problems.
Error Message : "Internal Error: Colour Adjustment Method will not be available".
Whenever you try to print you get the above message. If you press OK, it prints, but if you press Cancel it says you don't have enough memory to use the printer's driver. The solution is to update the printer's drivers to version 3.93 or higher. The drivers should be available from Canon's Website. Remember to uninstall the previous driver before updating.
Printer switches itself off after 1 minute
This printer has an AutoShutoff mode, check the printer driver properties via the Control Panel under CONTROL. You can disabled it if you wish, note the printer also has an AutoPower ON mode when a print job is sent aswell.
|Off|| || ||No Power|| |
|On||Green|| ||Ready State|| |
|On||Orange||1||Paper Pickup Error or out of paper||Add Paper or clear paper jam and press Resume|
|On||Orange||2||Paper Jam||Clear paper jam and press Resume|
|Blinks||Green||1||Cartridge Not detected||Install or replace cartridge. You will notice the carriage will be in the middle postion.|
|Blinks||Green<>Orange||1||RAM Error||Unplug the printer for 20 seconds, if problem persists then printer Requires a Service.|
|Blinks||Green<>Orange||2||ROM Error||Unplug the printer for 20 seconds, if problem persists then printer Requires a Service.|
|Blinks||Green<>Orange||3||BJ Cartridge Displacement error||Try replacing the Cartridge or Requires Service|
|Blinks||Green<>Orange||4||Home Position Error||Remove the cartridge and check to make sure nothing is blocking the path of the carriage, if not then the printer requires a service|
|Blinks||Green<>Orange||5||Waste Full||Requires Service|
|Blinks||Green<>Orange||6||Temperature Sensor Error||Try replacing the Cartridge or Requires Service|
|Blinks||Green<>Orange||7||Print Position||Unplug the printer for 20 seconds, if problem persists then printer Requires a Service.|
|Blinks||Green<>Orange||8-9||Head temperature or sensor error||Try replacing the Cartridge or Requires Service|
|Blinks||Green<>Orange||10||Cleaning Error||Remove the cartridge and check to make sure nothing is blocking the path of the carriage, if not then the printer requires a service|
Waste Error Reset
Unplug Power Cord
Hold POWER and RESUME buttons
Plug in Power Cord
Open front door of printer
Hold the CARTRIDGE and RESUME buttons
Release all buttons after the beeps
Press CARTRIDGE once