Advent U1A Tablet PC
|CPU||Intel Celeron M ULV processor 900MHz|
|Memory||512MB DDR2-533 SODIMM (1 Memory Slot. Maximum 2GB)|
|Hard Drive||30GB Hitachi Travelstar HTC426030G5CE00|
|CD Drive||Not Fitted|
|Screen||7" widescreen TFT display (native resolution 800x480)|
|Video Card||Intel 915GMS (128MB Shared)|
|Sound Card||HD 7.1 Channel Audio (ICH6-M)|
|Network Card||Marvell Yukon Ethernet Controller|
Bluetooth 2.0 EDR
|Ports - U1A||2x USB 2.0|
1x 4-in-1 Card Reader (Support SD/MMC/MS/MS Pro)
1x Docking Connector
|Ports - Docking St.||4x USB 2.0|
1x S-Video (TV-Out)
|Battery||3 cell Li-Ion battery pack, 2400 mAh|
|Dimensions||225.5 x 144 x 25 (WxHxD in mm)|
|Made By||Tabletkiosk i7209|
The U1A is basically a rebadged Tabletkiosk i7209 so you can download all the drivers from the Tabletkiosk website.
The U1A had one memory slot which can be accessed by removing the back panel.
- First remove the battery and the battery cover.
- Next remove the 8 screws that hold the back cover on. One of the screws is covered by the warranty sticker so I'm guessing removing that will void your warranty.
- Once the screws are removed unclip the back cover. Using your fingernails and starting from the battery cover edge, gently prise your nail under the join of the back cover, eventually you will feel and hear a gentle click as the cover releases. Continue your way around the back cover until all edges are released. I'm not sure how many clips there are in total, some sources say only two at the bottom of the battery bay but there may be more.
- Gently lift the cover off, there are no connecting cables etc to worry about.
- The memory module is right in the middle. Release it by gently prising the edge clips outwards. The memory module will pop up at a 45 angle.
- Fit the replacement module and clip the cover back on. The PC should automatically detect the new memory.
Repairs and Spares
All official service and support is handled by Knowhow (basically "The Tech Guys" under a new name), their website is http://www.knowhow.com/. If you laptop is covered under warranty then you need to contact them for repairs.
There are also plenty of other companies that do repairs or supply spare parts, here is a selection -
TechnoMart - http://www.techno-mart.co.uk
PartMaster (spare parts) - http://www.partmaster.co.uk